Bengal Music Cats contract:
The contract is between the Seller, Bengalmusicats and Buyer:
PURCHASE PRICE AND OR TERMS__________________________
This cat/kitten is being purchased for Breeding: _______ Pet: _______
PURCHASER AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
- All sales are final.
- Under no circumstances will cash refund be given at any point.
- No returns or exchanges except what is outlined by the terms of this agreement. A deposit of $500.00 USD is required to hold a pet kitten and a $1000.00 USD deposit is required to hold a breeder kitten. The deposit will be put towards the purchase of the kitten.
- Should said cat/kitten become unfit for sale, the deposit will be applied towards a cat/kitten of equal value as soon as one becomes available, at the discretion of Seller ______________________________________________.
- Purchaser has paid a non-refundable deposit ($___________.00_USD) on (this date________) to hold the Kitten for the Purchaser. The deposit shall be applied towards the purchase total price, amount ($______________) which is due and payable on or before 9 weeks (due date_____________) including shipping if applicable so the travel arrangements can be made.
- Bengalmusiccats reserves the right at any time to refuse the sale of any kitten/cat. Bengalmusiccats kittens and cats are the sole property of Bengalmusiccats and should be considered as such until the cat or kitten is in possession of buyer and the ownership contract has been signed by both parties.
- This cat/kitten will never be sold, transferred, leased, or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory or similar facility. This cat/kitten will be kept indoors and not be allowed to roam freely outside.
- This cat/kitten will never be de-clawed or de-meowed: Initial___________
Terms and Conditions:
- If this cat/kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, Purchaser will surrender said cat or kitten to Seller immediately.
- Under NO circumstances is this cat/kitten to be destroyed prior to approval by Seller. Failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void.
- This cat/kitten will receive excessive amount of tender loving care, will be fed the best possible diet, will receive substantial amounts of entertainment, and will be treated with the utmost respect so that he/she may realize its full potential.
- This cat/kitten will be identified by its full registered name on websites and/or advertising at all times.
- If this cat/kitten is purchased as a breeder male, Purchaser agrees not to use this cat for outside stud service. No co-ownership, transfer of queen’s ownership, leasing, or other devious means of circumventing this restriction will be tolerated. Any queen bred by this stud, and subsequent litter must be owned entirely by the owner of the stud. If this cat/kitten is purchased as a breeder female, Purchaser agrees not to use outside stud service on this female.
- If this cat/kitten is purchased as a breeder, Purchaser agrees to breed this cat only with other Bengals. Failure to honor this will result in forfeiture of the cat and registration papers back to Bengalmusiccats. This cat/kitten cannot be co-owned, sold, resold, or traded as a breeder.
- If this contract is breached in any way, Purchaser will owe the seller a fee of $2,500.00 US for breach of contract to the Seller, __________________ over and above the original price each and every time the contract is breached. Once the contract is breached, Purchaser is to surrender the cat/kitten back to the Seller without refund and at the Purchaser’s expense with signed Transfer of Ownership.
- Purchaser agrees that if any legal action needs to be taken that all legal fees will be Purchaser’s responsibility for both parties and it will be held in seller’s current state and county of residence. Disputes will be settled between Seller and Purchaser privately and will not be aired in a public forum including Yahoo Group lists and Facebook.
- If this cat/kitten is purchased as a pet, Purchaser is to spay/neuter this kitten by the time the kitten reaches 6 months of age. Seller will give Purchaser said kittens blue slip when Purchaser provides proof of spay/neuter from a licensed veterinarian. Failure to provide proof of spay/neuter will result in the forfeiture of registration papers.
- It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility to comply with all municipal, state, and national laws in respect to this kitten/cat.
- It is the Purchaser’s sole responsibility to comply with all international shipping country and receiving country’s export and import laws, licenses, permits, vaccination and testing requirements, and CITES requirements if traveling with this kitten/cat and for international import/export of any progeny of this kitten/cat. The Seller cannot and will not be responsible for any refusal by any authority to allow international import/export of any progeny of this kitten/cat.
- The Purchaser warrants and promises that this cat and/or and of its offspring shall not be sold, re-sold, or leased to anyone residing in the state of Washington as a breeding cat.
- Any cat/kitten shipped by air will come with a Health Certificate stating it is in sound health upon arrival. Seller warrants that Kitten is sold in good health at the time Kitten leaves Seller’s premises. Seller further warrants that Kitten has undergone a physical examination by Seller’s veterinarian prior to Kitten leaving Seller (including but not limited to, an eye examination, ear examination and auscultation) and that Seller was not aware of any issues (including, but not limited to, upper respiratory infections and diarrhea) at the time Kitten leaves Seller’s premises. However, the stress from change in environment (especially if the Kitten is shipped) may cause the Kitten to “break” with an infection, even though the Kitten showed no clinical signs of an infection when it left Seller’s premises. This is why it is important for the Kitten to be checked by veterinarian within 72 hours of arrival. This health guarantee does not cover coccidia outbreaks: when a Kitten goes into a new home, this can sometimes result in diarrhea/loose stools a few days after arrival. This is typically caused by parasite coccidia.
- The cat/kitten cannot be returned after the guarantee period has expired and/or if it has been exposed to another cat which has not been currently tested for FeLV and FIP. There are no guarantees against FIP.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide immediate veterinary care to any cat/kitten showing signs of illness or distress and failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void. No cash refunds. All veterinarian fees are the sole responsibility of the Purchaser.
It is suggested that kittens need to be vaccinated at 8, 12, 16 weeks of age.
This kitten is Vaccinated with FVRCP at 8 weeks and then as recommended by your veterinarian. Vaccine used: (see health records). Dewormed: (see Health records).
There are no guarantees given on future health, show achievements or reproductive capabilities of cats/kittens.
Multi-cat households: Seller’s guarantee only covers the health of the Kitten. If Purchaser has a multi-cat /multi-pet household, and your other pets come down with health issues after Kitten is introduced, Seller, is not responsible for any veterinary expenses for your other feline(s) and pets, as we are not responsible for their health. Similarly, if Kitten comes down with health issues(s) after its introduction to the multi-pet household, we will be responsible only it your vet certifies, in writing, that Kitten’s health issues are congenital issues.
It is Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that existing felines are up to date on all vaccinations and have been regularly checked by your veterinarian prior to introducing them to Kitten. Initial_________________.
The process of breeding is not to be taken lightly, and breeders must take measures to educate themselves on the subject. There are no guarantees against eventual developments of lockets or tail faults. No replacement will be given for any cat that has been bred and produced a litter (purebred or otherwise). If there is a question of whether the cat has been used for breeding, Purchaser agrees to grant Seller full access to veterinarian and TICA records.
This contract, and all guarantees, will be null and void unless the signed contract is returned to the seller within 2 week. This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. It applies only to the Purchaser and Seller in this transaction and is non-transferable to other parties.
If this kitten/cat is resold to another individual, this contract is null and void. The buyer agrees to the terms and conditions, and to pay as stated. In the event of default, the buyer will be legally liable for any reasonable attorney and/or collection fee and all related costs necessary to remit the entire balance to the Seller. Any legal fees, expenses, disbursements, and all other costs related to upholding this contract will be paid by the Buyer.